Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nutella: healthy and yummy all at the same time!


I <3 Nutella, it is my newest favorite food group (if only, lol)! I've had it almost every morning for breakfast for the last week. When I bought my first jar of Nutella last week, I "splurged" and bought decent fresh bagels (Thomas Whole Wheat bagels) that are actually a decent size bagel, not those little frozen bagels in the freezer case that we normally buy. The bagels are yummy too, so it makes the perfect pair. I don't think they are grainy like some whole wheat breads can be, yet they are still healthy!!

I've only had Nutella on whole wheat bagels and on crepes! IHOP has a yummy crepes breakfast all wrapped up with Nutella, fresh strawberries, and bananas. This is a yummy sweet treat to have any time of the day! I have yet to attempt to make crepes myself. I really want to try, but my cooking/kitchen skills are sub-par, so for now I have stuck with Nutella on bagels, but now I'm thinking sliced banana might be good on top of said bagel? Too bad I have to make a trip to the store for more bagels. I ate the last one this morning, pictured above. The downside to Nutella: the jar just isn't big enough. Now that I've gone through one whole 6 pack of bagels, my jar of Nutella is nearly gone. I'd say I have less than 1/4 jar left.

Nutritional Information on Thomas's Whole Wheat Bagels & Nutella:

This is my first time posting pictures into a blog, so I hope they show up big enough :-/

Nutella apparantly is a hazelnut spread with a *hint* of cocoa, but as a fan of chocolate all I taste is the cocoa. Either way, paired with the bagels it is a yummy, wholesome, healthy breakfast that doesnt taste like "health food". The best of both worlds!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment