Sunday, January 30, 2011

eBay is the devil...

Don't get me wrong. I love eBay. I currently have 3 items for sale and bids on 31 different auctions right now, not to mention the 25 auctions that I have won in the last week. I have bought over 1500 beads including swavorski crystals, cat eye beads, millefiori glass beads, rondelle spacers, etc. I've also bought a few beading books, Emoree a new pair of brown dress shoes, a 5 in 1 photography reflector, and a few mickey mouse items. Who can resist $0.99 auctions with free shipping?!? I sure can't. I don't even care that my beads are coming from China and I won't see them for 2 or 3 weeks. It will be like Christmas having all of these packages coming in the mail! I'll be able to make all kinds of pretty jewelry.

Luckily, I haven't had to put any money into my paypal account to fund my newest addiction. The best part of this is I can sell my old junk (I'm never going to read those books again anyway!) to pay for my new junk! Logging onto eBay to see that someone bid on my item is the best high, right there next to waiting for the minutes to count down on an auction I'm about to win!

I know it does happen, but luckily cross-my-fingers-knock-on-wood I haven't been "burned" on eBay yet. All of the transactions I've made have gone smoothly, with people paying for their items in a timely manner or items I've won being shipped to me as promised. This week is my first time buying from international sellers, so I hope this doesn't change my current perception. I have made sure to only bid on items from sellers with stellar reputations on their eBay stores.

I guess in all eBay isn't really "the devil". I just find it very addicting :o) In a few weeks, I'll have to post a blog of all the pretty jewelry I will make!

1 comment:

  1. What's the name of the awesome overseas seller you found? - Lee-lou

    ReplyDelete