Wednesday, November 23, 2011

First of many early visits...

My appoinment was at 7:00AM this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound. I had my alarm clock set for 5:40AM, which would have given me plenty of time to get ready, have breakfast, etc before I had to leave. It takes about 25 minutes to get to GBMC without traffic, and luckily given it is the day before Thanksgiving work traffic was minimal traveling through Towson this morning because I didn't wake up until 6:30! I threw clothes on and ran out the door, leaving Emoree (still asleep) with my mom. I was only 5 minutes late :)

I had bloodwork done, and during the ultrasound they measured my uterus lining, and checked my ovary, which they counted 30 (follicles? or eggs? I don't even know). The doctor (who isn't my normal doctor, but for morning diagnostics you are seen by any doctor on the team) started looking for a left ovary and I told him not to bother, there isn't one!

If you haven't had a transvaginal ultrasound before, that is a whole new experience all together. My first one was when I went to the fertility center to concieve Emoree. It is a skinny rod they cover with a condom, and then they put it inside you to measure the uterus and ovaries during fertility treatments and in very early pregnancy. Apparantly they can get a better picture from inside then through traditional abdominal ultrasound. It doesn't hurt, but it can be uncomfortable if they are digging around looking for an ovary that isn't there. So at least this time, I KNOW they only have 1 ovary to look for!



So now I wait, with my phone in my hand. I am expecting a phone call from the fertility center between 1PM-6PM, with my instructions to start taking Provera. After this point, the next time I go back to the fertility center is on Day 3 of my cycle!! This is where it all begins. I work today, so I am going to be even more paranoid to make sure I don't miss their phone call today.

No comments:

Post a Comment