Wednesday, March 7, 2012

13 Weeks

One more week left of the first trimester, yay!! I had my 2nd OB appointment yesterday. I got to "officially" hear the heartbeat for the first time! OB appointment went well. Emoree stayed home with her Grandaddy, because I didn't want her to freak out about the doppler. My mom went with me, because she had her own questions for my OB. She wanted to know about the possibility of bedrest and being out of work, and my OB said it's a good possibility depending on how baby and I are doing particularly towards the end of the second trimester. I asked about what I can do or take for my upper back pain, and the answer wasn't too promising. There isn't anything I can take, and tylenol doesnt cut it. My OB did say I could use a heating pad though, and if it continues I could be looking at physical therapy. Hopefully in a week or so I can get a pregnancy massage, and hopefully that will help!

I also asked about the possibility of progesterone shots and if he felt they would benefit me, and that led to a referal to a perinatalologist. Progesterone shots can help prevent preterm labor for women with a short cervix. That isn't necessarily the case for me, but the Perinatal center will evaluate the benefits for me. This is where I am "officially" classified as high-risk, no big shock there I knew that all along. The Perinatal center will also do the anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks, HOPEFULLY revealing the gender!!! Five more weeks!! Perinatalologist consult appointment is Tuesday, March 13th @ 1PM. When I called to schedule my consult appoint, the girl taking my information asked me what I was indicated high risk for... when I said "unicornate uterus", I don't think she knew what that was, she made me repeat it! It is very rare and there is very little information on it, trust me I have read EVERYTHING I can find! Oh and with going to a perinatalogist, I might even get more ultrasounds out of this too!

I took Emoree to IKEA last night looking at big girl beds! She is very excited. I am not ashamed to say that we co-sleep, but I think now is a good time to try to get her into her own bed, and redecorating her room somewhat before I start putting together the nursery. Also, I need her crib/toddler bed mattress for the crib for the baby, so it is time to move her to a twin bed anyway! Last night was her first night falling asleep in her own bed, and she did very well. We talked all day about not sleeping in Mommy's bed anymore, and she happily repeated "no more Mommy's bed" all day. We looked at bedding sets at Target, and picked out a bed at IKEA. Last night she layed down in her bed, no tears, but it did take her an hour to fall asleep. I tried staying in the next room, and she got up once so I came in her room and sat in the chair next to her bed until she fell asleep. Around 1:15am she woke up and tried to climb in my bed, and I walked her back to her bed and she was alseep within 5 minutes no problem. She came back to my bed at 4:30am, and I didn't want to get up to take her back to her room so I let her stay... but I will call it a sucessful first night! We haven't bought anything yet for her new bed, I might take her to Target tomorrow to buy the new bedding set. We are going back to IKEA next week to buy the bed.

No belly shot today. I might add one to the blog tomorrow if I have time to take one. I also havent picked up a crochet hook all week either, been busy!!

13 Weeks: 187.4lbs (-1.2 lbs)




No comments:

Post a Comment