Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 12: and still monitoring....

Today is Day 12, and I wish I had some kind of update. I don't have much. I had bloodwork and an ultrasound this morning at 7AM. Of course, I am still waiting for my phone call today between 12-6pm for my estrogen levels, but I already know from my ultrasound this morning that my follicles have not grown much. I was watching the doctor measure the two leading follicles I have, and I am pretty sure they measured at 11mm & 10mm. I should find out for sure when I get my phone call this afternoon. They already told me to come back in 2 days, on CD 14 for ultrasound and bloodwork again. Also, I got double stuck this morning for blood draw, my veins were not cooperating.



So for tonight and tomorrow night, I am still taking Follistim injections. It will most likely stay at 100IU but I will find out for sure when I get my phone call. I think the part that bums me the most is that I have to buy another Follistim vial. I talked to the nurse this morning and she called me in a script for two vials of 300IU, because I didn't want to have to pay $852 for another full 900IU if I am not going to use all of it. I am going to pick up 1 vial of 300IU today from the pharmacy, and then I will pick up the second one on Friday if I still need it. I really, REALLY hope I don't need it, but most likely I will.



The bruises on my stomach from the injections and the ones on my arms from the blood draws are a constant reminder that it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get what you want.  There are emotional highs and lows in this whole process, and it is stressful and sometimes frustrating, but hopefully in the end it will be worth it.

I will post a short update after my phone call today!

**UPDATE 2:30PM**
I got my phone call at 2PM today and my estrogen level is 174, so it's going up in the right direction! I am to take 100IU of Follistim tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday night, and go back Friday morning (instead of Thursday) at 7AM. I hope CD15 brings better luck! Follicles typically grow 1-2mm a day. I am about to go to the pharmacy to pick up a 300IU vial of Follistim.

No comments:

Post a Comment