Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 3.. starting injection time!

Weekends at the fertility center are busy in the morning! The waiting room was packed. I had bloodwork and an ultrasound this morning at my 8AM appointment, I was only there for an hour. My veins didn't want to cooperate this morning, so I had to get stuck twice :-/ Anyway, I got the phone call earlier than I expected today! They said they would call back between 2PM-7PM for instructions, I got the call right at 2PM! Everything checked out good to start my IUI cycle! My estrogen level was 53.0, and my FSH level was 5.33. I am to take 75IU of Follistim tonight, tomorrow, and Tuesday and go back in for bloodwork and ultrasound on Wednesday morning. So exciting! I already took my injection tonight, since I am planning to do them at 8PM every night because it is best to do it around the same time each evening. I took the expensive little vial out of the fridge and put it in the cartridge pen, but not before reading over the instructions for the 20th time. I know I know I've done this before, 4 years ago, but I just want to be sure I do it right! I was again suprised at how the needle doesn't hurt! It is one of those little ultra fine needles.

Tomorrow I need to call the fertility center to set up my appointment for Wednesday morning, since I had missed the call today and had gotten all of the above information off of my voicemail. I'm so excited! I'm slightly nervous as to how crazy hormonally nuts the medications are going to make me over the next week or two... but in the end it is all worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment