Thursday, January 26, 2012

7 Weeks

I am 7 weeks pregnant today!!! According to my "Pregnancy Week by Week" book, baby is about 1/2" long. According to the ticker I just added to the top of my blog, baby is 5/8" long. Either way, baby is growing!

I have been eating vegetarian for 10 days now, and haven't had any morning sickness! This doesn't necessarily mean I won't eat seafood, because I really want some shrimp or scallops. :o)  Something terrible did happen this week, however. Taco Bell stopped selling Cheesy Bean & Rice Burritos. If you know me, this is a major tragedy. I've tried the 7 layer burrito (also no meat), but it just isn't the same. :(

My 2nd ultrasound with the fertility center is in 6 days; I am looking forward to seeing the heartbeat. At that point, they should "release" me to my OB, and I have my first OB appointment set up for Tuesday, February 7th @ 1:15pm. I will be 8 weeks & 5 days. Very exciting!

Emoree is very excited about becoming a big sister. She was looking at car seats with me online, and now whenever we get in the car she tells me that her "baby sister's" car seat will be right next to hers. Obviously, she wants baby to be a girl :) Yes, I'm already looking at car seats! I like the Safety 1st Comfy Carry, because it fits narrow spaces (good for small cars, I have a Toyota Yaris), and it fits small newborns and preemies well starting at 4lbs. Emoree came home from the hospital at 3lbs 10oz in a Graco SafeSeat, and I didn't know as much about carseats back then, but she did NOT fit in it well at all.


I feel like Emoree has been a little left out of this blog! Afterall, it has her name on it :) Emoree is 4 days short of 3 years & 8 months old. She loves "school", she attends preschool/daycare at Celebree 3 days a week while I work. In September (when I am going to be home with a newborn) Emoree is probably going to start Pre-K in the Balto. Co Public School system, it is 2.5hrs a day for 5 days a week. Emoree loves anything Disney. Mickey Mouse, Princesses, mostly Ariel & Rapunzel. She loves to climb and jump, and sing and dance, so I think I am going to put her in gymnastics or dance class in the fall. She also loves to watch youtube videos of babies playing and kids playing on water slides on her Grandaddy's iPad. She knows how to use the iPad better than I do! Right now she is going through a "monster" phase, this morning she wanted to go downstairs and our cat Tumbleweed was on the steps, Emoree started screaming, "Mommy its a cat monster!" I gave her a flashlight, because her flashlight "scares" the monsters away. She told me she was going to go look under the bed for monsters with her flashlight. :o)



Alright, here is the first belly pic! Not showing yet, this is my pre-existing fat :-) I need a picture to start from, right? I am going to try to do belly pictures every week. After all, this is going to be my last pregnancy and I want to enjoy and remember every bit of it!

7 Weeks: 189.6 (+.8lbs) I gained 1 pound this passed week!



No comments:

Post a Comment